Tuesday, April 22, 2008

asa crewe collie.

Asa is a month old and almost 12 pounds!  He was born on March 22.  Asher and I are not getting much sleep, but we are so happy that he finally arrived! ~Dru
After being obscenely pregnant I am SO glad Asa is here for a number of reasons!  I often heard, "Are you having twins?!" Even little children would stare at me.  :)  Now I'm happily back to "normal" (but not in my normal jeans).  Asa's birth was such an empowering and amazing experience!  I am so happy I chose to have him without any medications as it allowed myself as well as those in the room during his birth to experience the amazing wonder God has made of a womans body.  I had the most AMAZING midwife, Rahni who delivered Asa and we are now friends outside of "baby world".  

It is Dru's and my prayer for Asa's life that he would be "...fully committed to the LORD all his life." ~1 Kings 15:14  
This is one major reason why we chose his name.  (Read the verse)
Well, life is trying to figure out what is "normal" now.  I have been blessed to have my amazing mom come for 2 weeks to help me adjust and now my also amazing in-laws are keeping Quinn for a week while we adjust to just Asa and bond with him.  I would like to say 2 is a piece of cake but to be honest my mind is spinning when it is just Asa, Quinn and myself at home.  My ADD really kicks in and I have trouble figuring out where my attention should be.  :)  I have to and WILL figure everything out and become a pro at this because we want at least 4 kids soooo, it might be a good idea to figure out how to handle 2 first!  YA THINK!?!?  ~Asher <>

No comments:

Add yourself to this list if you like reading...

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Asheville, NC, United States
Family is our number one priority