Sunday, May 11, 2008

catch up.

So it has been a while.  The whole family has been sick.  There is so much going on in our lives right now I don't even know where to begin.   Maybe that is because I got a total of 4 hours of sleep last night.  I can't even blame it on Asa, I have had insomnia.  I went to the natural medicine store today and got some medicine that should help...
But for now, here are some pictures from the past week.


Last Wednesday Dru and his Starbucks crew cleaned out the Swannanoa River.  Quinn, Asa and I went and "helped".  Really I just took pictures for River Link, the organization that the clean up was through, Quinn cried because she got mud on her jelly shoes and Asa slept in the sling I was wearing :)  Here is a picture of Dru pulling a Target shopping cart out of the river with a Sbux partner.  I think they collected about 8 carts, some tires and a whole bunch of other stuff.  This is one river you don't want to swim in!

On Saturday, May 10Th we drove up to Boone, NC (where Dru's parents, grandma, brother and sister-in-law  live) to celebrate Steves (Dru's brother) birthday and Mothers Day.  We had a cookout and a lot of fun!
This is his parents house...it was such a beautiful day.  We spent most of the day outside on the front porch and in the front lawn.
Quinn had so much fun playing with her cousins in CC and Granddad's waterfall!
And she smelled about every flower that was growing in CC's garden.  She LOVES to smell stuff...weird but cute.
I found a caterpillar next to me and Quinn had never seen one before.  She was so fascinated and thought it was so cute.  :)  She eventually got brave enough to hold it.  

We cannot wait for Meredith and Steve's little girl to get here.  Isn't Mere cute with her little pregnant belly!  We have waited so long for little "dot".  (Yes, she will have a different name when she comes out-that is her "ultrasound name".:) )
Char and Ma G made such a good lunch-and then we all enjoyed watermelon afterwards.  I love getting Quinn's silly faces she makes regularly. 

This is Quinn pulling her pants back up after daddy was spinning her around so hard they almost flew off.  :)  She LOVES to hang upside down, be thrown up in the air, jump off of really high things that make my heart skip a beat...you name a dare devil act and she loves it.  

Overall we had a great week.  Throw some cleaning in, girls-night-out, a new district manager for Dru, early mornings,  Gel group, another birthday party, photography work I didn't think I'd be doing on maternity leave, sickness and LOTS of laundry and you have one busy but fun week.

Quinn and her daddy sing all the time together...here is her favorite rendition of "You Are My Sunshine"!  She is being kind of silly so you can't really understand her that well but its still cute. (PS-she is looking at herself in the mirror-haha)

Here's to another MONDAY!

No comments:

Add yourself to this list if you like reading...

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Asheville, NC, United States
Family is our number one priority