Monday, May 19, 2008

quinn's kentucky trip.

Quinn got back from her 2 day Kentucky trip with CC and Granddad last night.  They went to go visit Dale's (Dru's dad) side of the family.  Last time Quinn went she was not even walking.  I doubt she even remembered the first visit but I know she will remember this one for a long time!

Quinn apparently took to Great Uncle Lanny right away. Shortly after they got to KY he took her out to see the cats, dogs and horses! 

The went to the nursing home to visit Dale's mom. Quinn had fun riding on Ma Collies lap in the wheelchair.
Quinns second cousins Jenni and Kevin gave Quinn a Webkinz frog. Apparently the whole trip his name was "Pinky" but when she came home his name changed to "Magnet Wall" (yep, you heard me right) and then to "Froggy".  I'm guessing "Froggy" will stick!
There was no shortage of presents at the Collies.  Her Great Aunt Elaine gave Quinn her first cabbage patch doll named Marley.  She eats ice cream and gets a messy face.  Quinn has played with her all morning, pushing her around in her stroller and shoving Marley in her backpack.
I was probably just as excited as Quinn to hear that she got to ride Uncle Lanny's horse!!  She has talked about riding a horse since she could talk but I never wanted to go spend the money to take her ride if she wasn't going to really like it.  I thought I would wait till she was older...I was wrong.  Granddad said she was so excited when she saw the horses and when she got on the horse she was a mixture of excited and nervous-but she did it!
This thing she does with her tongue kills me!  :)  Part of it is hereditary I've heard.  Dru and his grandma do it when they are thinking, and so does Quinn. But, she also does it when she sees a camera-its a new thing. So-I'm not sure which is which here.  I think she is just concentrating at staying on the horse. :)


Like I said, she connected with Uncle Lanny right away.  :)  Pretty special to get to cuddle a clean girl right before bedtime.  

No comments:

Add yourself to this list if you like reading...

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Asheville, NC, United States
Family is our number one priority