Wednesday, September 3, 2008

kid world.

Asa and one of Ma's cucumbers.  :)  It weighed 5 lbs.
Asa thinks he is a cool dude...well, he is.

Below: Quinn LOVES to help her great grandma in the garden!  She got stung by a bee shortly after this.  :(

It is a kid world here at the Collie house.  Toys everywhere, food everywhere and kids everywhere!  It has been fun having these two kids live with us for a while.  Whew, does it make me think 2 is a breeze!  The kids might leave us today to be with a family placement.  Part of me is sad about that and part of me would love the "break" from being on 110% all the time!  Oddly enough, this placement has been harder on our marriage if you ask me than anything else.  We just have NO time for each other.  We are working on make that a priority.  I think I found a sitter for once a week...if it all works out I will be jumping with joy! (Literally)  
It is funny how many people this the baby we are keeping is Asa.  When you don't see them side by side I could see how that would be confusing.  Another funny thing is we all have "A" names.  Weird hu?  The teenager and I have really become close and I love her company and having her around.  Of course we have had to deal with teenager situations and that has been a struggle.  I feel like I was just a teenager myself and in some ways I think that is what has helped us to bond, and in other ways that has made it hard.  She and I got up at 6AM yesterday and ran 1.3 miles.  (Neither of us run...that was fun.)  I will be sad when they leave.  :(  
As far as work goes, I am several sessions behind in editing!  Today is my dad's birthday...HAPPY BIRTHDAY DAD!  If I have a second I will get Quinny to sing to you on a video.  Finding that minute may be hard though so don't hold your breath.  I have a couple pictures from our trip to Boone about 3 weeks ago.  More to come.  ENJOY!

2 comments:

The Clark Window said...

hello beautiful friend!! I am loving the new photos :)
I can't wait to get a call from you soon :) !!!!

Corey Mason said...

Asa is too cute. Loving those big blue eyes!!
-Shelley

Add yourself to this list if you like reading...

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Asheville, NC, United States
Family is our number one priority