Friday, March 27, 2009

news...but not much new.

We here at the Collie household have not slowed down one bit, regrettably.   I have been taking pictures but our main computer broke so I have not posted any.  We are getting it back today so maybe I will make up for the slacker job I have been doing on posting pictures.  I have been working on my new studio.  It is a cozy little place that needed all new fixtures,paint and all new furniture and decorations along with many other things.  Every spare moment I have I am planning or executing.  
Asa's first birthday was last Sunday.  I cannot believe he is that old!  I think because we had four kids most of the time he was alive it just flew by!  Quinn loves her brother so much!  Just today she was teaching him how to dance and feeding him Nilla Wafers.  
We went to Indiana last week for Allie's baby shower.  Asa is NOT as good of a traveler as Quinn was.  I remember on Quinn's first birthday we took her to Oklahoma, a 14 hour drive and she just sat in the back and looked out the window and played with her toys.  Asa just screamed 3/4s of the way unless I had my hand on his lap.  I will admit, I have enabled him in his "mommas boy" syndrome.  I am trying to quit so I don't have a high maintenance child that no one wants to be around.  
Today I will continue work on the studio once Dru gets home.  I am redoing an old fireplace and a coffee table.  
For now I will leave you with this...so much meat to it...

"Love from the center of who you are; don't fake it. Run for dear life from evil; hold on for dear life to good. Be good friends who love deeply; practice playing second fiddle. Don't burn out; keep yourselves fueled and aflame. Be alert servants of the Master, cheerfully expectant. Don't quit in hard times; pray all the harder. Help needy Christians; be inventive in hospitality. Bless your enemies; no cursing under your breath. Laugh with your happy friends when they're happy; share tears when they're down. Get along with each other; don't be stuck-up. Make friends with nobodies; don't be the great somebody. Don't hit back; discover beauty in everyone. If you've got it in you, get along with everybody. Don't insist on getting even; that's not for you to do. "I'll do the judging," says God. "I'll take care of it." Our Scriptures tell us that if you see your enemy hungry, go buy that person lunch, or if he's thirsty, get him a drink. Your generosity will surprise him with goodness. Don't let evil get the best of you; get the best of evil by doing good."

Romans 12: 9-21

1 comment:

Add yourself to this list if you like reading...

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Asheville, NC, United States
Family is our number one priority