Wednesday, May 14, 2008

foster care.


"It's about time!" is the first thing I think of when it comes to this post.  Dru, Quinn, Asa and I are starting the process to opening up our home to children in this area who are in need of a loving family while their mommies and daddies get their feet back on the ground.  I am SO excited (and a little nervous).  Today we met with Jessica from Grandfather Home, an amazing foster and adoption organization. I have to share one of my favorite things about Grandfather Home...they started in the 1900s and have never been in debt! How many businesses, even churches can say that??!!  So, Jessica came over and talked to Dru and I about all of the millions of papers we will have to fill out and all of the homework we will have to do.  Bring it on!  I have spent a few hours already today writing.  Tomorrow I will make some phone calls and fill out more paperwork.  I am just waiting for the first snag; I know it will come.  Everything thus far has gone so smooth.  So, I just thought I'd let y'all in on the new news-the Collie's are going to become foster parents Lord willing.  :)  This may be a long process! 

1 comment:

The Clark Window said...

This is soo awesome you guys!!! It has been so amazing being able to watch my friends adopt three kids from a "broken home" and even though this is a little different - I still think what you are doing is soo amazing and hope to someday do the same!!!

Add yourself to this list if you like reading...

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Asheville, NC, United States
Family is our number one priority