Saturday, May 31, 2008

oh saturday.

Oh Saturday.  Usually Drew has to work on Saturday but today he was off, yippee!  We have had a good day-I'll tell you about some of it but before I do...

Quinn had her doctors appointment yesterday for her physical for foster care.  She is growing great (Ha!  That other doc was wrong!) She is smaller than most 2 and a half year olds but still on the charts.  The doctor said that because she eats so healthy it makes sense.  He said in our society children are fed McDonald's and pizza on a far to regular basis so to compare her to other children that don't eat well does not make sense.  I've done something right!  :)  We eat McDonald's occasionally too so please don't think I am putting on a holier then thou attitude, but in our culture today that thinks you are weird if you don't feed your children candy and grease all the time it was nice to get a pat on the back for once.  Although, here in Asheville it is a LOT easier to eat healthy than in many other parts of the country.  Other then that, she had to get her blood drawn and I was so worried that when they tied the band on her arm and stuck the needle in she would start crying and then I would too.  I am such a baby when it comes to needles I really was trying to not pass this along to my child.  Anyway, I just kept telling her what a big girl she was and trying to distract her and tell her how "cool" it was to see her blood (whatever! ).  She did sooo well!  She just looked at the needle going in her arm and then watched as they pumped the blood out into a tube.  Not my child!

Enough about that, so today...

We started off by selling a marble top kitchen island we had no use for that has been sitting in our garage for a year or more for $95!  Then we went to hang out with our friends the Masons and grabbed a bite to eat at the Lucky Otter.  Then we headed over to Porter and Prince where I have some of my work hanging and I bought bedding for Asa that I have been wanting for over a year!  We checked out some of the other small shops in Biltmore Village and then went to the Screen Door.  Now at home I am working on selling the sleeper sofa we have in the office!  I have 2 people interested, hope someone wants it!  


2 comments:

Tara Ryan said...

Then all you have to do is get it out of the house without destroying anything. :-)

Dru, Asher, Quinn, & Asa said...

Well, we got it out of the house but it did destroy the hand rail going down the stairs. Oh well, a good reason to sand and paint that ugly thing!

Add yourself to this list if you like reading...

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Asheville, NC, United States
Family is our number one priority