Thursday, July 17, 2008

there is no place like home.

 I love being in Indiana, but I am so ready to go home.  I am dreading the 8 hour drive (more like 10 when you are nursing) by myself with the kids!  I have back problems and I have never driven further than 6 hours by myself and I was writhing in pain when I got to my destination!  My back starts to hurt so bad it is comparable to labor.  I am not kidding!  Dru painted the kids rooms so I am excited to get back and see what a terrible job he did (those are his words, not mine).  He and I have some big plans on the line of which I am not ready to announce on this blog yet.  I need to get back so we can talk about them.  

Well, tonight I am just sitting at Allie and Adam's house with Asa and Quinn.  Allie and Adam went to a Gavin Degraw and Jason Meraz concert (is that how you spell their names?)  I was going to go but decided I have better things to spend my money on.  All of my friends are busy or tired so I'm just by myself...so lonely and makes me want to go home even worse.  

Tomorrow we have a big day, we go pick up my car which is getting some work done and I go to Kirsten's 30Th birthday party...WOW, seems like she was just 24 :).  And...we are going to try to fit in the Children's Museum.  Indianapolis has the BEST children's museum!  

Funny story, today Allie and I were at the mall with the kids and Quinn was tired.  She said, "Mom, (I hate when she calls me "mom" instead of "mommy") I feel nauseous!"  I asked, "Where do you feel nauseous?" and she patted her legs.  It was then I knew she didn't really know what nauseous was.  :)
  I was wondering where in the world did she hear that???  Then I realized I say that a lot.  When I am worried, stressed, sad, angry or anything of the like I get nauseous.  I guess I must say that a lot.  

OK, I am going to find something to do that will be fun.  Maybe some sit-ups or something.  :)  Just kidding~kind of.

2 comments:

Corey Mason said...

hey girl, come home soon! We miss you guys. Glad you found a car and that you are getting to do some fun things with the kiddos! Have fun today at the museum. We'll see you soon.
Shelley

doreen said...

I will pray for your trip home. I don't like doing long trips by myself either. (I get sleepy) Let alone with two small ones. Look forward to seeing you...I'm sure I have more questions to ask. Ha, ha.
doreen

Add yourself to this list if you like reading...

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Asheville, NC, United States
Family is our number one priority