Friday, September 19, 2008

collie craze.

It has been so crazy busy around here that this blog has been sitting open all day-and I am just now getting to it.  This short blog will have taken me 10 tries before it is over.  
I keep starting and stopping.  So, the latest is, Quinn has to get glasses.  She is so excited and wants pink ones!  I am going to get her some from LaFont.  It is a French brand and the only kind I can find that make them extra small that don't make her look like a dork.  
Today was busy.  Alicia, the 14 year old living with us has a friend who is going to spend the weekend with us.  Her friend is so sweet and is full of energy just like Alicia...or should I say, just like any 14 year old girl!  All they talk about is boys, boys and boys.  
So, Alicia and I have been "training" for a 5K for Autism we are running tomorrow.  We are nervous cause we have only run one mile per exercise event and thought we were going to die!  I signed her up for her fist 5K EVER!  She is so excited.  When her friend came over we were talking about it and how she was going to have to wait at the finish line with Dru and the kids and when Dru got home he told us he got signed her up to run too!  This is a first for these girls-they had never even heard of a 5K!  THEN, after we run QUINN is going to run a Tot Trot!  We were practicing her "On your mark, get set, GO!" tonight.  We'll see how that goes.  She does love to run so it could be really cute.  
Oh, and last Tuesday Quinn had her first ballet class.  Her teacher was amazed at how well she did.  She LOVED class and was very attentive.  Not to mention, she looked OH SO CUTE in her ballet leotard and hair in a pony tail with her little ballet slippers.  
Adam, the now 11 month old is doing great!  He LOVES Quinn and she feels the same about him.  She makes him laugh harder than anyone else in the family can!  And, Quinn loves to feed him baby food.  She sits in front of the highchair for what seems like forever and feeds him.  So cute.  Well, I feel like I am coming down with something so I am going to go get ready for bed so I can get up two times tonight to take care of wee ones and then get up at the crack of dawn to RUN!  Oh, can't forget my roasted garlic in the oven...yum yum-go away sick feeling!  
(One of these days when I find time I will post pictures!)

No comments:

Add yourself to this list if you like reading...

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Asheville, NC, United States
Family is our number one priority